Pagine

lunedì 17 agosto 2009

Chris's ideas...

During my sea hours yesterday, between a lager and another lager, I got caught in a small conversation with one of my mates, Chris about junkies and their role in society. Well, you see, they have none....I admit, they're still souls and they're still like us, to a certain extent, but bloody hell we, the others, don't have to drug ourselves to get by. Recently I've tried to put myself in drug addicts shoes, how does one think, what does one do to get a dose and , although I've come up with a few conclusions, I still can't figure out the mechanism that's triggered in their minds that tells them ''do drugs, do drugs!''. And to come back to my first idea, they have no role in society. Granted, they do keep alive this multi-national billion dollars drug industry that the whole world is living on and from, but still, to us non-addicts, they're useless.
So, ok, we take them off the streets, we pay their rehabilitation, but the thing is, they'll never get off drugs once they're released. ''Go on,be a good boy, don't do any drugs, cause we've no more spare beds here, mate''. Can you see that happen? Cause I can see the junkie grinning back at the doctor that got him out the drug circle in the first place, pointing the finger at him saying ''you ain't my dad, I had none anyhow, he was a fuckiiinnnn drug addict, that prick!'' and off to the first dose.
Instead of that happening, why don't they build these centers that , once they take the drugs out, teach them how to work and keep their minds free and hands busy.I'm talking bout doing something , giving back to society....
In case that doesn't work why not use them as lab rats.Oohhh...harsh term, innit? Like I couldn't care less....Why do they keep experimenting on animals and such when you've got the perfect subjects out there. Think of all the supposed cures for cancer and AIDS and the likes these junkies might help find, if only they could be part of experiments.And nobody would look at them like no-gooders and despicable, less-than-human persons. If they've chosen to throw away their lives, we might as well use them a bit till they finish with their plans. Don't you think?

I'm off to refresh myself with a lager, cause I'm quite addicted to it.
Cheers to Chris for pointing out the ideas.
T.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento