Pagine

giovedì 3 dicembre 2009

Vote me!

I'm not a fan of voting. There, I said it. I don't vote. I just don't. The only time I did was a few years back when I had to agree or not with changing the Romanian Constitution. I cast the ''YES'' vote although I had no idea what was that all about. Cause you see, they never tell you really what are you voting for or whom. Just watch some political debate for once and you can realise they sure use some nice pompous, unheard of words in well-built sentences, but goddamn if they have any real essence once they shout their mouths. And you're left there, with an amazed face, half-stuck mentally, cause frankly you haven't understood any word whatsoever. When that happens, normally, when you've got to vote, there's always a voice telling you ''and you'll be offered beer and free bbq, so jump the wagon!''. That sounds such a good idea to the majority of voters that wake up the next morning with a hang-over, a full stomach and a new president, parliament etc.
Now, I hate all political parties and members, no matter what colour their politics or doctrine is and whatnot, but we seem to forget one thing as soon as we criticise politicians: that they are just like us, to a certain extent, of course(for example I don't ride to work in a 80 thousand euros limo) and if that's not enough, at least they used to be like us, before turning to fooking politicians.
I mean , how many of you out there actually would try to go word by word with the promisses you've made in your campaign as soon as you're elected? I don't see any raised hands......
If ever would be a law that claims ''one that kills a politician receives great state honours and wealth'' I'd be the first one to collect, but I know , on the other hand, that if I'd be in , say, my countrie's president shoes I'd probably do the same shit he's done. First think about me, theeeeeen come the others.You see where I'm trying to get at?
Just don't expect a sudden change of grandious proportions once you've voted a certain bloke that told you he'll do this and that. Most likely he's got a family(most politicians do have 15 thousand members families, though) and he's got to think about them first, you're a mere name at the bottom of your countrie's archives, laying forgotten in a dusty, dark and closed room than nobody ever enters. Get used to that! If not, VOTE ME!
I promise.......



T.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento